Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 03/09/2018
Job ID: JN -032018-5876
Evo is looking for an Underwriting Assistant for our Lake Oswego Client. You will provide direct clerical and technical assistance, under minimum supervision, of a processing nature to facilitate work-flow and maintains underwriting files to expedite underwriting decisions on all property casualty submissions and requests. This is a direct-hire opportunity.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Contacts insured policyholders directly by phone to conduct new account reviews and written premium audit information and creates reports for the underwriters containing the information
- Communicates directly with producers, vendors, and home office personnel, verbally and in writing, as required
- Secures underwriting information as requested
- Prepares general business letters, templates, emails, correspondence and miscellaneous forms including Excel worksheets
- Performs miscellaneous clerical duties, i.e., faxing, photocopying, filing, organizing and updating files, diary maintenance, etc.
- Organizes new electronic account files in conformance with Underwriting Manual format
- Processes endorsements, premium audits, and other transactions as directed by underwriter
- Prepares mail and packages to be sent out and collects incoming mail and deliveries
- Receives, responds and re-directs inquiries from producers, principals, lenders and home office personnel
- Reviews new submissions for completeness
- Assists in training co-workers as needed or requested by Senior Vice President or Senior Underwriter/Administrative Supervisor
- May underwrite renewals within letter of authority, and assists underwriters with underwriting of new submissions/renewals beyond letter of authority
- Maintains regular attendance and is punctual
- Performs other duties and responsibilities or assists with any special projects as assigned or delegated by the Senior Vice President
Not a fit for you, but know someone that might be? Refer them! We have a great referral program where you can earn up to $375 per referral. Find out more at www.evosolutions.com/refer.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), and a minimum of 2 years of property casualty insurance experience are required
- Experience performing in-house premium audits and knowledge of ISO Premium Audit Advisory Service (PAAS) audit rules or other similar experience are preferred
- College level courses or an insurance related designation are preferred
- Ability to read and comprehend written or oral instructions, correspondence, and memos
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business or trade periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write memos, correspondence, reports, and other business documents
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, managers, customers, and the public
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages, etc.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Ability to apply common sense understanding and carry out oral or written instructions
- Ability to define problems, collect information and other data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete as well as abstract variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software; spreadsheet software, project or contact management systems with experience in using Excel, Word, Outlook, and other Windows software, as well as the Internet and web-based programs
- Must possess effective verbal or written communication skills; strong organizational and problem resolution skills with an ability to plan, prioritize, execute and follow-up on tasks in an efficient manner without sacrificing quality and accuracy; effective interpersonal skills; ability to interface effectively with co-workers, brokers, customers, and general public; and a pleasant and professional demeanor
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.