Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 07/12/2018
Job ID: JN -032018-5876
Evo is seeking a Senior Underwriting Assistant for our Lake Oswego Client. You will provide direct clerical and technical assistance, under minimum supervision, of a processing nature to facilitate work-flow and maintains underwriting files in order to expedite underwriting decisions on all property casualty submissions and requests. This is a direct-hire opportunity.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- May contact insured policyholders directly to obtain phone survey and premium audit information and creates reports for the underwriters containing the information
- Communicates directly with producers, vendors, and home office personnel, verbally an in writing, as required
- Secures underwriting information as requested
- Prepares general business letters, emails, correspondence and miscellaneous forms including Excel worksheets
- Performs miscellaneous clerical duties, i.e., faxing, photocopying, filing, organizing and updating files, diary maintenance, etc.
- Organizes new electronic account files in conformance with Underwriting Manual format
- Processes endorsements, premium audits, and other transactions as directed by underwriter
- Prepares mail and packages to be sent out and collects incoming mail and deliveries
- Receives, responds and re-directs inquiries from producers, principals, lenders and home office personnel
- Issues new policies and orders loss control
- Assists in training co-workers as needed or requested by Senior Vice President or Senior Underwriter/Administrative Supervisor
- May underwrite renewals within letter of authority and assists underwriters with underwriting of new submissions/renewals beyond letter of authority
- Maintains regular attendance and is punctual
- Underwrites and issues audits
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
- Can multi-tasks under pressure
- Analyzes and processes diverse information
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Conveys a demeanor that is professional yet approachable, positive and supportive of others (employees, customers, vendors, etc.)
- Responds well to changes in the work environment
- Promotes teamwork
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Prioritizes and plans work activities
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; and meets productivity and underwriting integrity standards for the BIS Underwriting Home Office
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years of property casualty insurance experience
- Experience performing in-house premium audits and knowledge of ISO Premium Audit Advisory Service (PAAS) audit rules or other similar experience
- College level courses or an insurance related designation are preferred
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.