Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 01/23/2018
Job ID: JN -012018-5678
Evo is seeking a Senior Splunk Engineer for our Beaverton Client. As a Sr. Software Engineer, you ll work with a variety of talented teams, serving as both a Splunk expert for internal users, as well as a driving force for performance, best practices, and data integrity within the environment. You will be required to understand and follow through with the entire data pipeline, from providing advice on proper data formats to app teams, to troubleshooting and tuning forwarders and search cluster, ultimately ensuring timely and accurate data is searchable 24x7. This contract opportunity is scheduled to be 1-year.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Support the strategic direction for Splunk related features and drive a product roadmap in partnership with other business stakeholders
- Effectively champion a data-driven and market-informed Splunk product vision and strategy
- Support the Splunk product feature and release roadmap based on in-depth data analysis of consumer needs
- Support Splunk project plans based on priorities, set clear/measurable objectives and deploy team resources appropriately to achieve business goals
- Serve in the role of technical subject matter expert, assisting in upholding search best practices, through user activity audits, and functional alerting
- Responsible for driving improvements and additional functionality as feedback for Splunk roadmap
- Collaborate with the engineering team, application developers, management, and infrastructure teams to assess near- and long-term needs
- Improve the standards of the consumer s experience by providing metric visibility into applications performance
- Provide expertise to support groups that require performance and troubleshooting guidance, including query tuning and upholding best practices
- Participate in design documentation of monitoring-related solutions
- Plan, engineer, and implement robust and cost-effective computing environments, exploiting emerging technologies to provide compelling solutions
- Participate in process development with customers and service providers
- Effectively communicate tool capabilities and processes to varying stakeholders
- Inspect, cleanse, enhance, and monitor the integrity of a variety of data sources
Not a fit for you, but know someone that might be? Refer them! We have a great referral program where you can earn up to $375 per referral. Find out more at www.evosolutions.com/refer.
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, Business Administration, or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with implementation, operations, maintenance of IT systems and/or administration of software functions in multi-platform and multi-system environments
- Experience with Administration of Splunk in a production environment
- Deep Understanding of Splunk configuration/architecture and able to debug issues
- Assist Design solutions and concepts for data aggregation and visualization
- Understand Splunk data workflow and provide troubleshooting and feedback for improvement
- Debug complex Splunk configuration issues
- Must have strong Splunk UI experience and able to debug complex/expensive search queries
- Experience implementing and delivering monitoring solutions in development, QA, and Production environments
- Understanding and experience with configuration management tools and concepts such as puppet, chef, cloudformation, etc.
- Understanding and focus on security processes and data handling practices
- Experience with monitoring solutions and methodologies including server and network performance, hardware, web synthetics, and application performance monitoring a plus
- Including but not limited to New Relic, ScienceLogic, Splunk, ExtraHop, AppDynamics, DynaTrace, KeyNote, Microsoft SCOM, Solarwinds Orion, etc.
- Understanding and basic technology skills to include but not limited to: Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL, GIT/SVN, Redhat Linux, Microsoft Windows, iOS mobile devices, Android mobile devices, Amazon Web Services, JSON, Java/JBOSS, Jetty, etc.
- Experience with logging practices and log transport; data on-boarding; and field extractions
- Experience with AWS Cloudtrail, AWS Cloudwatch, and AWS SNS
- Solid foundation in computer and operating systems, understanding performance metrics, statistical calculations, systems troubleshooting, runbook automation
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with management and all teams involved in the operational or development process
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.