Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 03/13/2018
Job ID: JN -032018-5883
Industry: SW Developer - Java
Evo is seeking a Senior Software Engineer for our Beaverton Client. As the Senior Software Engineer, you'll be integral in developing a personalized and customized consumer experience. This contract opportunity is scheduled through 8/25/18, with an extension based on fit, need and budget.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Participating on a high functioning DevOps Scrum team, employing various XP practices
- Developing the tools and processes used across Consumer Digital Technology to increase speed of software delivery while reducing the cost of implementation
- Developing, debugging, and testing full stack capabilities for an ecommerce application
- Evangelizing tools and mentoring teams migrating to a Continuous Delivery process across the organization
- Providing technical leadership and knowledge to your teammates
- Consulting and performing engineering support, problem solving, and issue resolution with internal and external resources
Not a fit for you, but know someone that might be? Refer them! We have a great referral program where you can earn up to $375 per referral. Find out more at www.evosolutions.com/refer.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred or 2 years of additional experience in lieu of a degree
- 4 years using Enterprise Java in highly distributed systems with high transaction volume
- Experience in Object Oriented analysis, design and patterns
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture principals and REST
- Experience with public cloud infrastructure (AWS preferred: EC2, DynamoDB, S3, SQS, SNS)
- Experience with dependency injection and object relational mapping tools such as Spring Boot/Spring and Hibernate
- Experience with load testing tools such as JMeter and Gatling
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience with modern build strategies, continuous integration, unit testing, static analysis, and automated integration tests required
- Continuous delivery experience preferred
- Experience delivering software using an agile development process (Scrum preferred)
- Experience with leading projects in highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary development teams
- Demonstrated effective communication within a team and as part of a cross-functional organization
- Knowledge of Netflix OSS a plus
- Experience with Serverless Computing/Lambda technologies a plus
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.