Vancouver Metro Area,
Industry: Project Manager
Job Number: JN -112018-6688
Evo is seeking a Planning and Asset Manager for our Vancouver Client. This contract opportunity is scheduled to be 12+ months.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Perform dependency analysis and develop long range asset replacement recommendations based on PSC equipment health assessments and replace/repair prioritization (see below) and delivering the lowest lifecycle cost
- Provide project management expertise and support Transmission's PSC projects, from beginning to end, providing expert guidance on the PMI-based project management methodology, best practices, and internal skill development as requested by and with guidance from the manager, team lead or other personnel with the authority to do so
- Develop and provide recommendations for PSC Strategy and Asset Plans
- 10 years in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution is required plus a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business Administration or Management, Organizational Development or Computer Science
- PMI or PMP certification
- Intermediate level proficiency with Visio, Access and SharePoint
- Expert level skill with MS Project including portfolio management capabilities as well as project management features like: experience with the fundamental operation, function, and workflow of Microsoft Project with regard to timelines, dependencies, project expectations, milestones, and resources
- 5 years specialized skills with knowledge of:
- Communication network operation concepts, methods, performance and planning
- Communication network architecture principles and concepts
- Planning of communications, control and data systems for network transmission, network interconnections and customer service projects
- Identifying system requirements from problems or opportunities identified by others
- Experience with implementing asset strategies and developing related asset plans for system control and communications systems used to operate and control the power grid at large Electric Utilities
- Telecom Transport including analog and digital microwave radio, analog and digital multiplex, fiber optic terminal equipment and UHF radios
- Telecom Support Equipment including alarm systems, batteries/chargers, DC-DC converters, engine generators, UPS systems, timing systems, fault locators, etc.
- SCADA/Telemetry/Supervisory Control including SCADA remote terminal units, supervisory control systems, and telemetering systems
- Field Information Network (FIN)/Operation Networks including FIN network equipment, operational network equipment, network management system equipment, and modems
- Transfer Trip including protection units and Remedial Action Scheme (RAS) communication units
- Telephone Systems including an extensive internal Dial Automatic Telephone System (DATS) for daily operation and maintenance activities includes DATS switches and supporting systems, key system and telephone equipment, tele-protection systems
- Fiber Optic Cable
- Experience in communication requirements related to relaying and Remedial Action Schemes (RAS)
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
- Knowledge of the NERC & WECC Planning Standards as they apply to Power Systems Control equipment
- Knowledge of "Technical Requirements for Interconnection to the Transmission Grid"
- Experience developing options, evaluating and recommending plans for meeting communications/power system control functional requirements
- Knowledge of transmission and operational power systems controls
- Practical experience in asset management business functions and resource planning
- Energy and/or utility industry experience
- Excellent problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Capital construction project portfolio management experience
- Experience with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.