Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 10/10/2017
Job ID: JN -102017-5358
Industry: Cloud Engineer
Evo is seeking a Senior Platform Engineer for our Beaverton Client. This contract opportunity is scheduled through 5/31/18.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Leverage your love of Java/Scala skills to design and build the new breed of web platform
- Build on your knowledge of horizontally scalable Dynamo-style databases such as Cassandra and Riak, to ensure we have highly-available and high-performance data
- Review teammates technical designs, code and tests to keep the entire team focused on being the best they can be
- Harness your DevOps skills to automate your service deployments so they re fully repeatable. Experience using Puppet/Chef/Saltstack/Ansible is a plus
- Profile and performance tune your work to ensure we deliver the fastest web experience to all customers across the globe
- Partner with other architects and teams to ensure the whole ecosystem of services stay loosely coupled and independently scalable
- Automate the testing of all of your components to ensure we have excellent test coverage with quality assertions
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
- Minimum 5 years' experience building high volume, high availability Java applications (required)
- Experience writing automated tests using tools like JUnit, ScalaTest, Spock or Specs
- Experience with applications hosted in Amazon Web Services AWS (preferred)
- Experience building RESTful APIs (preferred)
- Experience working with highly concurrent systems
- Experience with Scala, Akka and related projects
- 5 years directly relevant work experience as a software engineer with growth
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other relevant field
- 2 years of additional relevant professional experience accepted in lieu of a degree
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of basic computer science data structures and algorithms
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.