Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 04/13/2018
Job ID: JN -042018-6019
Industry: Business Systems Analyst
Evo is seeking a Data & Analytics Senior Business Systems Analyst for our Beaverton Client. This person will work cross functionally with business teams, data science, engineering, and architecture teams to drive requirements through the product development lifecycle.
The Data & Analytics BSA must have experience successfully working on enterprise-scale data products and a deep understanding of how progressive reporting and analytics systems are designed, built, and operated. Candidates should have prior data analytics, design, and modeling experience and a deep familiarity with SQL or HIVE. Success in this role will require an ability to understand both stakeholder and partner requirements to define the short and long-term strategy for delivery, document technical product specifications in appropriate detail, and work across engineering, program, and product to guide development.
The ideal candidate must be able to comfortably maneuver from deep business domain & analysis work to defining technical requirements and potentially prototyping solutions. They should have previously contributed to a data platform, data warehouse, or data product technical programs. They can influence via great technical requirements and engineering partnerships and is excited to work in a dynamic data environment with a strong set of teammates will be a great fit for this role.
This contract opportunity is scheduled through 9/1/18, with an extension based on fit, need and budget.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Write, drive, and prioritize thoughtful and detailed functional specifications for data ingestion, data cleansing, data quality, analytic processing, BI, and data science use cases then drive them via an Agile development methodology
- Become a subject matter expert across the entire data & analytics landscape, enabling the client Consumer Knowledge organization
- Work with data engineers, data scientists and data product managers on optimal data structures for efficiency of analysis
- Support and troubleshoot issues (process & system), identify root cause, and proactively recommend sustainable corrective actions
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, other quantitative disciplines, or related fields
- 2-5 years of relevant analytical experiences that can translate into defining platform vision into requirements and working with the best engineers, product managers, and data scientists
- Exceptional SQL skills; Experience with HIVE a plus
- Experience writing detailed technical specifications describing requirements for data movement, transformation, storage, quality checks, and access latency
- Incredible attention to detail, with structured problem-solving approach
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal)
- Understanding of the nature of web data and app data
- Understanding of data architecture, data taxonomy, and both structured and unstructured data
- Understanding of logical and physical data modeling
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Considerable experience with at least one Hadoop distro and associated tools
- Experience with data transformation and BI tools
- Experience with retail or ecommerce domains is a plus
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.