Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 05/22/2018
Job ID: JN -052018-6211
Industry: Cloud Engineer
Evo is seeking a Senior AWS Cloud Software Engineer for our Beaverton Client. This contract opportunity is scheduled through 11/30/18, with an extension based on fit, need and budget.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- MS/BS in Computer Science or related field
- Linux: 5 or more years in Unix systems engineering with experience in Red Hat Linux, Centos or Ubuntu
- AWS: Working experience and good understanding of the AWS environment, including VPC, EC2, EBS, S3, RDS, SQS, Cloud Formation, Lambda and HBase
- Networking: Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking, SMTP, HTTP and HTTPS, load-balancers (ELB, HAProxy), NGINX and high availability architecture
- Programming: Experience programming with AWS lambda, Python, node.js, Bash, REST APIs, and JSON encoding
- DevOps Automation: Experience with DevOps - Orchestration/Configuration Management and CI/CD tools (Jenkins, CircleCI, Atlantis, Puppet, Jenkins, Troposphere, Terraform, etc.)
- ELK stack: Experience with setting up ELK stack for Analytics
- Version Control: Working experience with one or more version control platforms (Bitbucket, Git)
- AWS EMR: Experience in Amazon EMR cluster configuration
- ETL: Job scheduler experience like Airflow or Data Pipeline. Nice to have Airflow experience
- Security: Experience implementing role based security, including AD integration, security policies, and auditing in a Linux/Hadoop/AWS environment
- Backup/Recovery: Experience with the design and implementation of big data backup / recovery solutions
- Ability to keep systems running at peak performance, upgrade operating system, patches, and version upgrades as required
- Lead other admins and platform engineers through design and implementation decisions to achieve balance between strategic design and tactical needs
- Research and deploy new tools and frameworks to build a sustainable big data platform
- Agile/Scrum/Kanban experience
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of success in fast-moving organizations with complex technology applications
- Collaborate with Project Managers, Product Managers, QA and Engineering teams to deliver results
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
- Hadoop: 1 year operational experience with the Hadoop stack (MapReduce, Spark, Sqoop, Pig, Hive, Impala, Sentry, HDFS)
- Monitoring: Hands on experience with monitoring tools such as AWS CloudWatch, Nagios or Splunk
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.