Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 04/11/2018
Job ID: JN -042018-6006
Industry: Scrum Master
Evo is seeking a Scrum Master for our Beaverton Client. They are looking for an experienced Scrum Master who: Exhibits Lean-Agile leadership. You ll helps the team embrace agile values, principles, and practices. This contract opportunity is scheduled through 12/1/18, with an extension based on fit, need and budget.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Responsible for reinforcing the rules of Scrum, Built-In Quality practices from Extreme Programming (XP), Work in Process (WIP) limits from Kanban, and any other process rules the team has agreed
- Trained as a team facilitator and is continuously engaged in challenging the old norms of development to improve performance in the areas of quality, predictability, flow, and velocity
- Helps the team improve and take responsibility for their actions; facilitates the team retrospective
- Teaches problem-solving techniques and helps the team become better problem-solvers for themselves
- Facilitates all team meetings, including (where applicable) the Daily Stand-up, Iteration Planning, Iteration Review, and Iteration Retrospective
- Helps the Product Owner in their efforts to manage the backlog and guide the team while facilitating a healthy team dynamic with respect to priorities and scope
- Many blocking issues will be beyond the team s authority or may require support from other teams
- Actively addresses these issues so that the team can remain focused on achieving the objectives of the Iteration
- Helps foster the culture of technical discipline and craftsmanship that is the hallmark of effective Agile teams
- Focuses on ever-improving team dynamics and performance
- Helps the team manage interpersonal conflicts, challenges, and opportunities for growth
- Escalates people problems to management where necessary, but only after internal team processes have failed to resolve the issue; helps individuals and teams through personnel changes
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
- 5+ years in similar role
- Certified Scrum Master
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.