Portland Metro Area,
Industry: Scrum Master
Job Number: JN -092018-6529
Evo is seeking a Scrum Master for our Beaverton Client. This is currently scheduled as a 1-year, W2, contract position.
We are looking for an experienced Scrum Master who:
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Exhibits Lean-
- Agile leadership; helps the team embrace agile values, principles, and practices
- Supports the team rules -
- The Scrum Master is responsible for reinforcing the rules of Scrum, Built-In Quality practices from Extreme Programming (XP), Work in Process (WIP) limits from Kanban, and any other process rules the team has agreed.
- Facilitates the team's progress toward team goals -
- The Scrum Master is trained as a team facilitator and is continuously engaged in challenging the old norms of development to improve performance in the areas of quality, predictability, flow, and velocity.
- They help the team focus on daily and Iteration Goals in the context of current Program Increment (PI) Objectives.
- Leads team efforts in relentless improvement -
- Helps the team improve and take responsibility for their actions; facilitates the team retrospective
- Teaches problem-solving techniques and helps the team become better problem-solvers for themselves
- Facilitates meetings -
- Facilitates all team meetings, including (where applicable) the Daily Stand-up, Iteration Planning, Iteration Review, and Iteration Retrospective
- Supports the Product Owner -
- The Scrum Master helps the Product Owner in their efforts to manage the backlog and guide the team while facilitating a healthy team dynamic with respect to priorities and scope.
- Eliminates impediments -
- Many blocking issues will be beyond the team's authority or may require support from other teams
- The Scrum Master actively addresses these issues so that the team can remain focused on achieving the objectives of the Iteration.
- Promotes quality practices -
- The Scrum Master helps foster the culture of technical discipline and craftsmanship that is the hallmark of effective Agile teams.
- Builds a high-performing team -
- Focuses on ever-improving team dynamics and performance
- Helps the team manage interpersonal conflicts, challenges, and opportunities for growth
- Escalates people problems to management where necessary, but only after internal team processes have failed to resolve the issue; helps individuals and teams through personnel changes
- Protects and communicates -
- Communicates with management and outside stakeholders; helps protect the team from uncontrolled expansion of work
- Responsibilities on the train -
- The Scrum Master helps coordinate inter-team cooperation and helps the team operate well on the train.
- Coordinates with other teams -
- The Scrum Master is typically the representative in the Scrum of Scrums (SoS) meeting, and they pass information from that meeting back to the team (see Program Increment for more details).
- They often coordinate with the System Team, User Experience, Architecture, and Shared Services.
- It is important to note, however, that the responsibility for inter-team coordination cannot be delegated entirely to the Scrum Master; every team member shares responsibility in that regard.
- Facilitates preparation and readiness for ART events -
- Assists the team in preparation for ART activities, including PI Planning, System Demos, and the Inspect and Adapt
- Supports estimating -
- Guides the team in establishing normalized estimates and helps the team understand how to estimate Features and Capabilities
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
- Experience in working with a formal project management methodology
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum of 5 years directly relevant work experience
- Certified Scrum Master
- Scrum methodology
- Scaled Agile Framework
- Version One
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.