Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 05/30/2018
Job ID: JN -052018-6241
Industry: Scrum Master
Evo is seeking a Scrum Master for our Beaverton Client at their Hillsboro location. As a Scrum Master, you will be a key member of a growing and passionate team focused on collaborating across business and technology resources to drive forward key programs and projects maturing enterprise data management capabilities. This contract opportunity is scheduled to be 1-year.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to communicate, influence and partner effectively using strong verbal and written communication
- Proficiency with VersionOne, Jira, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Slack and Outlook
- Ability to manage multiple projects of medium to large scale through all sprints/iterations and phases of the project
- Organize and facilitate project planning, daily stand-ups, reviews, refinement, retrospectives, sprint/release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings
- Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress with, and to all affected teams and management
- Ensure the development teams are practicing core agile principles
- Update agile tracking systems to provide transparency on product and sprint backlogs
- Update company project portfolio system for status, resource allocation and capacity planning, and budget preparation
- Assist with internal and external communication
- Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition
- Determine and remove all obstacles that may interfere with the ability of the teams to deliver assigned goals
- Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution
- Provide direction to project activities to ensure successful implementation and support
- Promote continuous improvement and help teams to increase productivity
- Promote a collaborative team environment that fosters creativity and innovation
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
- Strong Servant-Leadership Identity
- Effective Communicator
- Agile and Product Model acumen
- Strategic Thinking and Tactical Execution
- Continuous Learner
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Information Technology, or related field
- 3+ years' experience in Agile software project management
- 3+ years' experience in managing multiple information systems projects
- Ability to demonstrate a proven track record of successfully managing large, complex Agile teams in a results-driven environment
- Thorough understanding of enterprise software development processes and lifecycle
- Strong Technical background and familiar with IT terminology.
- Ability to adjust and apply technical knowledge in a dynamic environment using Agile development principles
- Proven experience building strong working relationships and working successfully in cross-functional teams
- Ability to quickly understand the scope of the project and identify key success and risk factors
- Exceptional verbal, written and communication skills
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Prioritize multiple tasks effectively
- Enthusiastic team-player, team leader as well as a self-starter
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and evolving priorities
- Flexible, yet firm in approach to managing the project
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Visio, and PowerPoint) and system documentation tools
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Professional Scrum Master (PSM), and/or SAFe 4.0 Scrum Master (SSM)
- PMI PMP certification is a plus
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.