Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 05/02/2018
Job ID: JN -052018-6108
Industry: Scrum Master
Evo is seeking a Scrum Master for our Beaverton Client. This contract opportunity is scheduled to be 6-months, with an extension based on fit, need and budget.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Responsible for guiding the development of an agile team into an effective delivery unit with a sustainable cadence
- Responsible for ensuring the teams process evolves within organizational guidelines and standards of practice
- Must be able to nurture self-organizing, high performing teams through servant leadership and mentoring
- Facilitate project team meetings, project road-mapping sessions, gather feedback by presenting to all levels of leadership
- Encourage, support, and guide continuous improvement of the team, its products and processes
- Excellent communicator, able to gain the respect of the team, external stakeholders, and management
- Able to resolve conflict through arbitration, negotiation, reasoned discussion, or escalation
- Must be willing and able to identify problems, impediments, dependencies, and other team dysfunctions, and then facilitate quick resolution
- Facilitate agile activities and meetings, including sprint planning, retrospectives and sprint reviews
- Assist the product owner with keeping the backlog groomed
- Ensure cross-team coordination
- Reach out to the larger company network for impediment removal
- Maintain relevant metrics that provide organizational visibility and help the team see how they are doing
- 5+ years of relevant IT experience including strong understanding of customer/stakeholder relationships, business analysis, prioritization, estimation and capacity management
- Must have a thorough understanding of iterative/incremental software development
- Complete understanding of agile processes such as Scrum, XP and Kanban
- Must have recognized education in agile processes
- Must have been a member of an agile team for at least 2 years
- Able to lead a team to make realistic and achievable delivery commitments
- Understand and experience with agile metrics and reporting techniques
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
- Experience with Manufacturing or Design
- Experience to explain and promote agile engineering practices such as pair programming, continuous delivery, TDD, BDD and refactoring
- Experience using Jira to track and make visible sprint backlog work flow
- Experience with operating in a scaled agile environment
- Agile certification
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.