Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 02/23/2018
Job ID: JN -022018-5804
Industry: Scrum Master
Evo is seeking a Scrum Master for our Beaverton Client. As the Scrum Master for the Service Management Office, you will be responsible for managing our development processes and participating in change and release activities for our ServiceNow platform. Additionally, you assess Agile/Scrum maturity within the team and provide guidance on how to best leverage the concepts, philosophies and behaviors of agile and scrum in an ever-evolving environment. You will work closely with many process and product owners, engineers, system administrators and project managers to ensure smooth operations and service delivery. This contract opportunity is scheduled through 9/30/18, with an extension based on fit, need and budget.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Provide servant leadership, building credibility and trust by understanding and removing obstacles faced by the team and doing what it takes to get the job done
- Communicate effectively ensuring all team members receive clear and consistent information
- Facilitate stand ups, story estimation, sprint planning and retrospectives
- Be flexible yet assertive, providing expertise to leverage Agile and Scrum concepts where possible and recognizing the challenges faced in the journey towards truly Agile operations
- Be situationally aware identifying risks and issues as they arise and elevating them to management as appropriate
- Empower and inspire the team with a positive attitude, encouraging team members to develop, learn and evolve towards self-organization
- Resolve conflicts, facilitating discussions to identify alternatives for reaching team goals in a constructive, collaborative manner ensuring all voices feel heard
- Be transparent, open and honest with the team and its leadership building organizational trust and credibility
Not a fit for you, but know someone that might be? Refer them! We have a great referral program where you can earn up to $375 per referral. Find out more at www.evosolutions.com/refer.
- Basic fundamentals of iterative development processes and procedures
- The ability to speak intelligently about other processes and techniques that provide value
- The value of commitments to delivery made by a development team
- The ability to articulate the benefits of incremental delivery and the value of metrics
- Backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition
- Common Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices
- Bachelor's Degree in related field and minimum 3 years of relevant business experience
- Scrum Master Certification
- ITIL Intermediate Certification and/or experience working with ITIL-based processes
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication of complex topics to a diverse audience such as management, technical peers, and business stakeholders
- Proven track record of success in fast-moving organizations with complex technology applications
- Must be able to operate in a transforming, fast-paced, complex, high visibility environment with multiple competing priorities
- Strong skills in building positive customer relationships
- Strong commitment to customer service and teamwork
- Demonstrated ability to influence and drive to results
- Strong information seeking skills and drive to make things happen
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a diverse group
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving, conflict management, and dealing with ambiguity
- Ability to think strategically while still being detail-oriented
- A high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Familiarity with business process improvement
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.