Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 04/12/2018
Job ID: JN -042018-6008
Evo is seeking a Senior Software Engineer for our Beaverton Client. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will join a team of engineers, scrum masters and product owners to envision and deliver robust applications and services that bring omni-channel solutions to the next level. This role will be involved in designing and building secure, highly scalable and innovative services in a continuous delivery model on the cloud platform. The Senior Software Engineer will also partner with leads and architects to establish a technical vision for various commerce experiences.
The successful candidate is a proven software engineer with excellent communication and current hands-on coding skills. Focus areas will include inventory, order and fulfillment domains.
This contract opportunity is scheduled through 5/31/18, with an extension based on fit, need and budget.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
- 5+ years' experience in microservice architecture, domain driven design, and RESTful API's using Java 8+
- Hands-on experience working in a distributed/cloud-based environment (AWS preferred) with high transaction volumes
- Experience with dependency injection, Spring Boot and object relational mapping tools such as Hibernate
- Ability to define solutions, provide estimates of effort and risk, and evaluate technical feasibility
- Experience with DevOps, continuous integration, unit testing, static analysis, and automated integration tests
- Able to leverage NoSQL data stores (DynamoDB, Cassandra, MongoDB etc.) to ensure data storage is designed for security, reliability, availability, maintainability, and performance
- Working knowledge of Scrum and agile principles
- Energetic Self-starter who can work in a complex collaborative environment that rewards experiments, initiative, curiosity and mentoring
- Knowledge of version control systems (GIT), issue tracking tools (Jira), and CI/CD related tools (Jenkins, TeamCity etc.)
- Commitment to and experience in pair programming and performing technical code reviews
- Partner with other teams to ensure the service ecosystem is loosely coupled and scalable
- Strong team player and communicator capable of building positive relationships across engineering, product and architecture
- Bachelor's or Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field
- Equivalent combination of education and professional experience in lieu of a degree
- eCommerce experience preferred
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.