Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 05/15/2018
Job ID: JN -052018-6174
Industry: Project Coordinator
Evo is seeking a Project Controls Specialist for our downtown Portland Client. You will develop, implement, maintain and enhance project controls for the company's large power generation projects. This contract opportunity is scheduled to be 1-year.
SKILLS and REQUIRMENTS:
- Implement these controls effectively and in an economical manner to achieve the desired outcome
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and client requirements
- Coordinate, communicate and interact with various departments and groups, outside contractors/vendors as required to ensure scheduling, cost control, regulatory, reporting and other project requirements are met
- This position is expected to support projects that may be in remote locations requiring frequent travel to the construction jobsite
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field plus five years of applicable experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Utility construction or construction experience
- Valid driver's license, safe driving record, and ability to drive long distances to construction jobsites
- Proficient knowledge in developing/updating schedules, resource projections, and cash flows and the use of Primavera P6 and Excel software
- Working knowledge and skill in project management/project controls principles, techniques, methods and standards
- Special emphasis in the effective use of scheduling on medium to large construction projects and programs
- Working knowledge of construction estimating, project risk management, project scope control and project communication management
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project, Word, PowerPoint and SharePoint software
- Working knowledge of PowerPlan program
- Thorough knowledge of principles, concepts and methods used in Generation and T&D substation engineering, construction and maintenance
- Thorough knowledge of utility accounting, procurement, and budgeting
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
- Experience in project scheduling (Primavera P6 required prefer, MS Project), experience in project cost control, and project management lifecycle knowledge
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.