Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 04/20/2018
Job ID: JN -042018-6056
Industry: Project Coordinator
Evo is seeking a Project Controls Specialist for our downtown Portland Client. The Project Control Specialist develops, implements, maintains, and enhances project controls for the company's medium to large Generation, Transmission and Distribution projects and programs. This position implements these controls effectively and in an economical manner to achieve the desired outcome and ensures compliance with regulatory and requirements. This position is responsible for coordinating and communicating with various departments and groups, and outside contractors/vendors as required, ensuring scheduling, cost control, regulatory, reporting, and other project requirements are met. This position is expected to support multiple projects that may require frequent travel to construction jobsites and other facilities. This contract opportunity is scheduled through 12/31/18, with an extension based on fit, need and budget.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience in project scheduling (Primavera P6)
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field plus five years of applicable experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Utility construction experience highly preferred
- Valid driver's license, safe driving record, and ability to drive long distances to construction jobsites
- Proficient knowledge in developing/updating schedules, resource projections, and cash flows and the use of Primavera P6 and Excel software
- Working knowledge and skill in project management/project controls principles, techniques, methods and standards
- Special emphasis in the effective use of scheduling on medium to large construction projects and programs
- Working knowledge of construction estimating, project risk management, project scope control and project communication management
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project, Word, PowerPoint and SharePoint software
- Working knowledge of PowerPlan program
- Thorough knowledge of principles, concepts and methods used in Generation and T&D substation engineering, construction and maintenance
- Thorough knowledge of utility accounting, procurement, and budgeting
- Advanced skills in analytical thinking, problems solving and reasoning
- Intermediate skills in making decisions and exercising judgment
- Advanced skills in interpersonal relations, including conflict competence, building relationships, and influence without authority
- Advanced skills in oral and written communication, including writing reports.
- Intermediate skills in facilitating meetings and representing one's own work group in various settings
- Intermediate skills in collaboration, building relationships and setting mutual goals with other departments and organizations
- Intermediate skills in root cause identification and analysis
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
- Experience in project cost control
- Project management lifecycle knowledge
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.