Vancouver Metro Area,
Post Date: 07/09/2018
Job ID: JN -072018-6377
Evo is seeking a Power System Engineer for our Vancouver Client. This contract opportunity is scheduled to be 6-months, with an extension based on fit, need and budget.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or a directly-related engineering degree and 5-9 years previous engineering and/or design experience, with a diversified knowledge of engineering concepts, principles and practices experience
- Specialized working experience in transmission system impedance calculations and database updates
- Working familiarity with system electrical as-built and design data and conductor/tower configurations
- Understanding of transmission line ratings and ampacities
- Familiarity with powerflow modeling software such as PowerWorld Simulator, GE PSLF or other closely related power modeling software
- Experience with transmission system data management, data collection and processes
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite Software (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Windows Explorer); (MS Office 2010 proficiency required)
- Ability to stay focused among frequent interruptions and effectively prioritize requests
- Must possess technical researching skills
- Must have excellent attention to detail
- Ensure proper identification of self as a contract worker in all communications, correspondence, etc.
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
- Experience with ProjectWise, AutoCAD, and Visual Basic
- Working knowledge of power system modeling for different types of power system equipment
- Knowledge of BPA and NWPP transmission systems and transmission facilities
- Experience reading transformer test reports and nameplates to model transformers and calculate transformer impedances
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.