Vancouver Metro Area,
Post Date: 05/11/2018
Job ID: JN -052018-6164
Evo is seeking a Land Surveyor for our Vancouver Client. You will provide support to the surveying and Mapping organization. This organization is responsible for providing land surveying services for the maintenance, operation, and development of the client facilities. This position primarily involves work in an office setting with occasional work in the field requiring overnight travel. This contract opportunity is scheduled to be 12+ months.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Land Surveying, Civil Engineering or a closely-related field is preferred
- 8 - 10 years of experience in Land Surveying
- Demonstrated experience in and expert knowledge of laws affecting land surveying and boundaries
- Professional Land Surveyor License is required, along with 3 - 8 year of experience performing licensed level work
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook (MS Office 2010 proficiency required)
- Knowledge of professional surveying practices and procedures; state and federal laws affecting land surveying and boundaries
- Proficiency with the operation and maintenance of Trimble total stations, GPS equipment, and electronic levels and other various measuring instruments
- Expertise with state plane coordinates, horizontal & vertical datums, network adjustments (least squares), and geodetic & GNSS surveying
- Proficiency with electronic data collection systems and processes is required; must be able to download and process data files, perform complex survey computations using various software packages (i.e., Trimble Business Center, OPUS, Bentley MicroStation & Inroads, NGS tools, ESRI ArcGIS, Microsoft Office)
- Ability to understand scopes of work, schedules, and technical specifications for complex surveying projects
- Ability to work as part of a team consisting of professional and technical staff
- Ability to multitask and work independently with a minimal amount of supervision
- Ability to interpret potential hazards and react appropriately in emergency situations
- This position works with restricted and sensitive information; must ensure that confidential information is protected and appropriately handled
- Act as a team player; consistently model outstanding customer service skills, with demonstrated willingness to go the extra mile
- Work as part of a team consisting of professional and technical staff
- Follow established processes and procedures
- Ensure proper identification of self as a contract worker in all communications, correspondence, etc.
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
- Working knowledge of Project Wise, ESRI ArcGIS and Microsoft Project
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.