Portland Metro Area,
Job Number: JN -112018-6690
Evo is seeking a Labor Contracts Specialist for our downtown Portland Client. The contract specialist position is responsible for performing contract assignments in support of a centralized procurement activity and in the audit/review of that activity. Solicits bids to procure a variety of Transmission & Distribution line construction services and negotiates and administers contracts. This contract opportunity is scheduled through 5/24/19, with an extension based on fit, need and budget.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Analyze current docks crew contracting strategy
- Evaluate dock crew efficiency in current model
- Identify ways to improve productivity and efficiency of dock crews
- Evaluate feasibility of a unitized contracting strategy
- Develop a plan for unitizing dock crews
- Make recommendations to business
- Implement improvements plan and monitor progress of project
- Assess contractor performance to identify the need for amendments of existing contracts
- Analyzes price proposals, financial reports, and other data to determine reasonableness of prices; reviews and interprets contract provisions to achieve cost efficiencies and reductions where feasible
- Assesses contractor service value and product/service reliability relative to cost; plans, organizes, and coordinates acquisition alternatives, as appropriate
- Negotiate contract agreements for products and services
- Prepare and edit contracts between the company and potential clients
- Develop and implement effective procurement proposals
- Coordinate with clients to guarantee terms of contracts are fulfilled in compliance with the contract terms and regulations
- 3+ years relevant experience
- Outstanding negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of procurement regulations, contract documents, and legal specifications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and/or projections
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments
- Project management knowledge and skills
- Cost analysis skills
- Knowledge of costing and pricing methodology
- Skill in the negotiation and establishment of contractual arrangements for goods and services
- Knowledge of contractor compliance issues and procedures, as applicable to an electric utility
- Ability to assess contract compliance and product/service quality
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
- Familiarity with transmission and distribution line construction contracts
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.