Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 04/11/2018
Job ID: JN -042018-6007
Industry: SW Developer - Java
Evo is seeking a Senior Platform Engineer for our Beaverton Client. This contract is scheduled thorugh 2/28/18.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Design and build micro-services in Java and Scala to be part of the Retail platform
- Design and build highly-available and highly-performant NoSQL persistence layers leveraging DynamoDB, Redis, etc.
- Review and give feedback on technical designs, code and tests to ensure best practices and being followed
- Harness DevOps skills to improve unifying software development, operations and stability
- Profile and performance tune to enhance the platform and provide visibility into system limits and scaling needs
- Establishing and maintain collaborative partnerships with architects and other teams to provide and receive insight into solution and implementation approaches
- Test through automation to ensure code and functional quality of the platform
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
- Minimum of 5 years of directly relevant work experience as a software engineer
- Minimum of 3 years of experience building scalable, highly available, distributed Java RESTful APIs
- Minimum of 1 year of experience building scalable, highly available, distributed Scala RESTful APIs
- Experience writing automated tests using JUnit, ScalaTest, Cucumber, Spock and Specs
- Experience using Functional Reactive Programming
- Experience with the Akka libraries, HTTP is a must
- Experience with applications hosted in Amazon Web Services
- Experience using Amazon Web Services: CloudFormation, CloudWatch, SQS, SNS, S3, DynamoDB, Kinesis, EMR, ElasticCache and Elasticsearch
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or relevant fields
- Excellent collaboration, analysis, written and oral communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of basic computer science data structures and algorithms, NoSQL databases, Inversion of Control (IoC) and other common patterns and practices gained with experience in the above requirements
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.