Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 05/15/2018
Job ID: JN -052018-6172
Industry: SW Developer - Java
Evo is seeking a Java Applications Engineer for our Beaverton Client. As a Java Application Engineer, you will bring a broad experience of successfully ideating and delivering value that enables the client to increase productivity, realize efficiencies and build profitable customer experiences. You will be responsible for building simple and intuitive API's for a very large developer community. Interest and experience in the latest methodologies goes a long way and they're looking for people who are passionate about the world of value-driven solution delivery. You'll get to work alongside truly talented teams and help them enhance their performance by promoting collaboration and innovation. This contract opportunity is scheduled to be 1-year.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
- Diverse experience utilizing a wide array Java tools in business, Web, and client-server environments including Java Platform, Cloud computing platforms like AWS
- Expertise and Strong understanding in building Simple/Intuitive APIs for a very large developer community
- Fluent understanding of multiple development languages including Java, Scala and node.js and ability to write clean, eloquent, minimal code in a load-balanced environment to achieve value added business outcomes
- Expertise in Object Oriented analysis and design, Classic design patterns and J2EE patterns
- Comfortable designing and developing Object Oriented, multi-tier applications in a complex architectural landscape on open source frameworks like Netflix OSS
- Experience, interest and adaptability to working in a Waterfall or Lean/Agile delivery environment. Strong preference for SCRUM/XP development expertise
- Exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills
- Successful track record collaborating with product owners, product managers and business subject matter experts to ensure delivered solutions optimally support the achievement of business outcomes
- Passion for coaching, teaching, mentoring and learning
- Commitment to and hands-on experience in leading/performing technical quality reviews
- Commitment to collaborate with other developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- Experience with Eclipse, IntelliJ Junit, REST Web Services, No SQL is preferred Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other relevant subject area
- 5 years of professional experience in IT or business in software (preferably Backend Services and API) development
- 2 years of additional relevant professional experience accepted in lieu of a degree
- Strong design and development experience with Java EE, JSON, Cloud Computing
- 2 significant years of experience in RESTful web services development
- Strong business acumen to quickly learn new business processes and understand how IT needs to support the business in achieving revenue and profit goals
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Demonstrated leadership capability, including ability to motivate and mentor others within work group
- Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical IT teams
- Lean experience with applied principles and methods preferred
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.