Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 08/02/2018
Job ID: JN -082018-6433
Industry: Training Support
Evo is seeking an Instructional Designer for our Beaverton Client. This is a Training-focused role that works closely with Transition Managers, Process Managers, Communication Managers, the rest of the training team, as well as other members of the project team and the business to support transitioning Product Creation organization to a new Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tool. Utilize training best practices and adult learning principles to support existing users in the new tool with enhancement release notes and facilitating refresh training, as well as train new users in the tool and on process changes. This is a fast-paced project so the ideal candidate would need to be able to learn quickly and be a self-starter who can jump right in. They must be a team player who can collaborate, but also work independently and manage their own time and workload. Ability to travel required. This contract opportunity is scheduled through 1/31/19, with an extension based on fit, need and budget.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Update current training materials and create new materials as needed, including quick reference guides, PowerPoint decks and training videos
- Apply learning best practices to design, develop and maintain appropriate training materials and documentation procedures using standardized tools and templates
- Work closely with project team and business to understand and incorporate system, process and business requirements for training
- May participate in business workshops, may facilitate tool demos and functionality to gather requirements or feedback
- Work in an agile project environment
- Facilitate training locally and globally, in person and virtually
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
- At least 5 years instructional design and training facilitation experience on a large-scale global system implementation project
- Experience in systems training
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate with various stakeholders
- Ability to work and collaborate across a large project team
- Comfortable working with ambiguity
- Comfortable working with tight deadlines
- Strong time and workload management skills
- Solid record of completing and delivering scalable and sustainable training curriculum
- Strong understanding and application of adult learning principles and blended learning techniques
- Experience using Captivate required
- Ability to travel required
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.