Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 03/23/2018
Job ID: JN -032018-5942
Evo is seeking an HR Cloud Platform Engineer/Architect for our Beaverton Client. You will support the team responsible for the management of day-to-day operations and maintenance of the cloud-based infrastructures to ensure smooth 24x7 operation. The right candidate will contribute to system design, capacity planning, operations, maintenance, implementation, and sustainment activities across development, staging and production environments and will work closely with Engineering and Program Managers to ensure proper and timely deployment of customer's solutions. Additionally, the right candidate will mentor the team in AWS platform methodologies. This contract opportunity is scheduled to be 6-months, with an extension based on fit, need and budget.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Assist the team in creating cloud migration technical strategy
- Provide technical expertise in implementation of that strategy
- Work within the scaled agile framework for solution delivery
- Use knowledge of continuous integration tools to provide end-2-end code migration
- Identify cloud technologies that best suit the needs of the various migration components
- Configure various components that are standard, such as S3, EC2, Airflow and Nifi, Lambda, SQS, AWS SNS, AWS Cloud Formation
- Assist the team with development of analytics strategy
- Configure database components such as Snowflake instances
- Develop security around components that align with our business security objectives
- Use AWS data ingestion technologies to source data from multiple data sources
- Identify and configure database interfaces for data analysts
- Participate in system design planning, review, and implementation working groups
- Participate in providing technology assessments in support of automation and technology migration initiatives
- Develop and maintain plans to ensure successful recovery of operating systems in the event of a disaster, per DR policy
- Perform systems analysis and tuning to ensure optimal operating systems response for multi-user applications
- Use innovative methods and technologies to identify and solve problems related to performance, scalability, reliability, and availability
- Develop, implement, and continually improve system and network monitoring and alerting capabilities and procedures
- Write knowledge base documents to improve operations, SOP and contribute to IT organization
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
- Expert level ability to design, develop, configure, test, and implement complex solutions and code in an AWS environment uses API s, Lambda, Docker, and similar technologies in an enterprise deployment framework
- Expert level diverse experience in deployments/developments in the public cloud infrastructure, specifically AWS EC2, AWS S3, AWS Snowflake, SQS, and SNS in an enterprise deployment framework
- Experience working with CI/CD tools and automating full stack builds and deployments. (Jenkins, Travis, CircleCI) in an agile delivery framework
- Amazon Web Services operation, maintenance, implementation and design
- Includes VPC maintenance/setup, EMR Clusters, EC2 management, IAM, Cloudtrail, Cloudwatch, EBS management, AMI and more
- Linux systems administration
- Strong scripting for task automation in Python or other complex language
- Cloud management system APIs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- General Linux (RedHat, CentOS) system administration practices
- Strong scripting background for task automation and experience with cloud management system APIs
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of networking infrastructures, including LAN, WAN, VPN, etc.
- Ensuring that solutions leverage industry best practices
- Demonstrated ability to generate and maintain technical documentation is required
- Experience with Active Directory, Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), SAML, web Single Sign-on (SSO), OAuth and related authentication technologies
- Transport Layer Security / SSL principles and management
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in a technical or quantitative field
- 3+ years project experience deploying cloud solutions (AWS)
- 3+ years architecting and implementing Amazon Web Services infrastructure and topologies
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.