Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 04/26/2018
Job ID: JN -042018-6072
Industry: Material Designer
Evo is seeking a Footwear Material Developer for our Beaverton Client. This contract opportunity is scheduled through 7/21/18, with an extension based on fit, need and budget.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Manages the materials creation process from initial concept through to commercialization and production for assigned materials to lead to on time delivery, and development according to critical dates, product specification, sustainability, performance and profitability goals
- Creates and revises appropriate documentation for assigned materials
- Ensures all appropriate development documentation is maintained including product specs and prototypes
- Tracks and facilitates sampling and prototyping for materials; identifies and addresses key issues and challenges in manufacturing and plans accordingly to deliver proven and tested trims
- Monitors and communicates challenges throughout the testing process to meet trims integrity requirements
- Keeps abreast of market trends, new technology and consumer preference
- Collaborates with manufacturing to drive the pricing process
- Serves as a technical advisor on materials to Product Developers
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
- Understanding of project management and problem solving concepts and application
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills with an ability to clearly articulate goals and objectives
- Verbal and written communication skills with an ability to clearly articulate goals and objectives
- Market trends
- Problem solving
- Project management
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.