Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 04/26/2018
Job ID: JN -042018-6071
Industry: Material Designer
Evo is seeking a Footwear Material Developer for our Beaverton Client. This contract opportunity is scheduled through 7/21/18, with an extension based on fit, need and budget.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Manages the materials creation process from initial concept through to commercialization and production for assigned materials to lead to on time delivery, and development according to critical dates, product specification, sustainability, performance and profitability goals
- Creates and revises appropriate documentation for assigned materials
- Ensures all appropriate development documentation is maintained including product specs and prototypes
- Tracks and facilitates sampling and prototyping for materials; identifies and addresses key issues and challenges in manufacturing and plans accordingly to deliver proven and tested trims
- Monitors and communicates challenges throughout the testing process to meet trims integrity requirements
- Keeps abreast of market trends, new technology and consumer preference
- Collaborates with manufacturing to drive the pricing process
- Serves as a technical advisor on materials to Product Developers
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
- Trim experience is a plus but not required
- Seasoned project manager, able to handle complex materials
- Strong influence skills, with the ability to champion complex projects across the organization
- Strong understanding of materials, garment construction and the product creation life cycle
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum of 6 years directly relevant work experience
- Life cycle
- Market trends
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.