Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 05/14/2018
Job ID: JN -052018-6166
Evo is seeking a Fitness Manager for our Beaverton Client. The Fitness Manager is responsible for the group exercise and personal training departments. They will oversee both departments and lead the staff to provide a sustainable level of excellence in character, customer service and execution of world-class instructors and trainers. Collaborate with Athletic Centers management and other strategic partners to deliver world class fitness programming. This position will require strategic development and planning to ensure best in class for the Group Fitness and Personal Training programs. As the Fitness Manager you will be is responsible for the administration of the existing group fitness and personal training department while having the vision to drive the program to its full potential. The personal training program you are responsible for developing systems and implementing processes that assure that all clients are being serviced and all personal trainers are developing the skills to grow their businesses. Responsibilities include all hiring, developing and retention of personal trainers. Must make sure each trainer is qualified, knowledgeable, responsible, and functioning with the best "quality" control in mind. Must communicate with trainers and act as a liaison between other departmental mangers. Must provide biweekly, quarterly, and annual reports on such issues as budget and customer service. Must return and/or resolve customer concerns. Must work to create marketing plans and generate new business/new sites as needed. This contract opportunity is scheduled through 9/1/18, with an extension based on fit, need and budget.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Create a strategic plan for Fitness programming and delivery
- Establish a cadence for change, how often and how much should change
- Create & Establish a baseline of program offerings
- Assist GM in strategic short term partnerships
- Research and source licensed programming
- Research fitness trends and implementation
- Partner and Integrate program development within the categories
- Design free style fitness programming
- Establish KPI's to monitor success
- Design or redesign studio space to allow for flexibility and change
- Manage fitness equipment to enhance the user experience
- Create working budgets and reporting metrics
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
- 1-3 year experience in a fitness & health club industry is preferred
- College degree preferred in exercise science and or human performance
- Group Fitness Programming preferred
- CPR, First Aid, and AED certifications
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A comprehensive understanding of the fitness industry
- Professional Certification (ACE, ACSM, or similar)
- High-level of Microsoft office and Adobe to create presentations and reports
- Understanding of digital platforms such as Fitness club management software and/or fitness digital solutions is preferred
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.