Vancouver Metro Area,
Post Date: 06/14/2018
Job ID: JN -062018-6313
Industry: Electrical Engineer
Evo is seeking an Electrical Engineering Technician for our Vancouver Client. This contract opportunity is scheduled to be 12+ months.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- 1+ years experience with a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field is highly desirable
- 1+ year work experience operating in at least one commercial owerlow analysis tool is required (PowerWorld preferred)
- 5+ yrs practical experience in MS Office Suite Tools including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint; MS Office 2010 proficiency
- Knowledge/skills in power flow analysis tools
- Ability to understand and extrapolate information from ALSTOM e-terra Habitat hierarchical data bases and full graphic displays with regard to performance
- Valid U.S. Driver License is required
- Ability to understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making
- Ability to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Demonstrated ability to identify, develop and evaluate options for the solution of complex problems and implement solutions
- Must be team-oriented and support a collaborative work environment, yet be comfortable working independently
- Must be highly engaged, responsive, proactive; good communicator with excellent people skills
- Proven experience simultaneously handling multiple assignments
- Must be flexible, able to pay attention to detail, and work under pressure during periods of peak work volume
- Ensure proper identification as a contract worker in all communications, correspondence, etc.
- Must be able to work independently
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
- Prior electric utility work experience is highly preferred
- Knowledge of SCADA, State Estimation, and Real Time Contingency Analysis data / tools highly preferred
- Practical experience in PI, Process Book preferred
- Working knowledge of Matlab software tool is preferred but not required
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.