Vancouver Metro Area,
Post Date: 06/14/2018
Job ID: JN -062018-6311
Industry: Electrical Engineer
Evo is seeking an Electrical Engineer for our Vancouver Client. The engineer is responsible for designing the outdoor portion of the client's power substations and has responsibility for specifying the large high voltage equipment used in these facilities. This contract opportunity is scheduled to be 12+ months.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- to 4 years previous work-related experience and knowledge of electrical engineering concepts, principles, and practices applicable to components and facilities found on a regional transmission system with a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or a directly-related engineering degree
- Professional knowledge of the principles, practices, techniques, and underlying concepts of Electrical Engineering
- Experience in interpreting schematic diagrams for large electrical equipment and electronic circuits
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; MS Office 2010 proficiency
- Carry out assigned tasks with a professional demeanor reflected in excellent written and oral communication skills, listening skills, patience, analytical reasoning and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to use judgment and ingenuity in maintaining objective, technical standards in ongoing working relationships with policymaking bodies
- Desire to work in a team environment, taking leadership and initiative as needed
- Become familiar with and follow the safety practices of the Accident Prevention Manual
- Meet timelines, milestones and project expectations and provide timely status updates
- Ensure proper identification of self as a contract worker in all communications, correspondence, etc.
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
- Knowledge and experience in the following areas is preferred:
- Possess skills to quickly learn and utilize various office and engineering software such as ADOBE PRO, CAD, and inventory/ordering custom software
- Basic ability to interpret mechanical drawings
- Ability to probe and analyze information collected from a wide variety of sources to determine the nature and scope of the problem, interpret this material, and develop technical options
- Ability to deviate from traditional methods and to develop new evaluative criteria and methodology
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.