Portland Metro Area,
Job Number: JN -092018-6535
Evo is seeking a Design Engineer for our Beaverton Client. As the Design Engineer, you will join the team to assist in the product design, development, tooling design and manufacturing of products. By leveraging the experience of teammates (and cross functional teams) as a guide and your knowledge and skills in 3D design and engineering as your basis for solving problems you are tasked with, you'll identify creative solution paths given the problem(s) or project(s) to which you are assigned. You'll use concept sketches, 3D design software, engineering and/or machine design knowledge and ideas, and hands on experience to design, refine and carefully document tooling designs and machine components. You'll work with designers, developers, engineers and mold and tooling centers to develop solutions and designs that take into account the manufacturability of both the final product as well as your tooling designs. You'll use various methods of communication to assure key stakeholders are informed of your progress on projects. At times you will collaborate with customers, external vendors, and other teams to ensure your designs meet the needs of each project you are involved on. You'll stay up to date on the critical skills required for your job through on-site training, conferences, or other functions which enable you to maintain a high level of performance.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
- BS Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering, including 1+ years' experience in mechanical design or engineering, or other similar function is required
- Proficiency in Solidworks or similar 3D CAD software is required
- Ability to handle multiple competing projects simultaneously
- Knowledge or experience in thermoforming is a plus
- Ability to analyze complex problems, develop innovative solutions and deal with ambiguity and frequent changes in priorities is required
- Strong written and verbal skills is required
- Some lifting of tooling, parts and various equipment (up to 50lb)
- Ability to travel domestically on occasion
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.