Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 06/08/2018
Job ID: JN -062018-6292
Industry: Design Assistant
Evo is seeking a Design Assistant for our Beaverton Client. This contract opportunity is scheduled through 11/30/18, with an extension based on fit, need and budget.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Collect, organize, prepare, and assemble designer sketches and artwork (graphics, allover prints, logos, photographs) for use in documents and presentations
- Scan and colorblock design sketches
- Scan, edit, and crop photo art. Assist designers in creating additional colorways of garments
- Maintain correct sketches for use in line art database
- Create documents to support the commercialization of apparel: visual line plan, category concept sheets, silhouette line art pages, flow plans, and merchandising pages
- Combine illustrations, text, product data, photos, and graphics as needed
- Work with category team to define and produce product image collections in both printed and electronic formats
- Meet deadlines for creation and distribution of documents to matrix partners
- Understand and follow the client's global standards for document structure and layout
- Perform paste-up and trimming on large format documents for business meetings
- Duplicate and distribute documents to category and regional partners for use in the apparel commercialization process
- Communicate with product line managers, designers, graphic designers, developers, and others about the status of product and product images
- Review product status, project status, and production deadlines with category and geography business partners
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
- Minimum of 2 year's experience with graphic design, illustration, and page layout software in a team or production environment
- Excellent organizational and people skills
- Working knowledge of at least 4 of the following applications: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or PageMaker; Quark Xpress; and/or MacroMedia Freehand
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.