Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 05/25/2018
Job ID: JN -052018-6233
Industry: Security - IT
Evo is seeking a Data Protection Analyst for our Beaverton Client at their Hillsboro location. As a Data Protection Analyst, you will use your professional experience, collaboration, and good judgment to assist business partners with improving their processes and improving security. The Data Protection Analyst will engage with business partners and internal teams. You will be responsible for evangelizing current data protection methods, reviewing business processes to identify gaps leading to potential data exposure, and gathering business requirements for data protection needs that aren't met by existing data protection tools. This person will become a subject matter expert in Data Protection capabilities and will work closely with the Senior Data Protection Analysts on the Information Security team to ensure customer needs are addressed. This contract opportunity is scheduled to be 1-year.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Engage with Business units to evaluate data protection needs
- Assist with Business Process Reviews to determine potential data exposure
- Document requirements for new data protection needs
- Interface with Senior Data Protection Analysts and Engineers to ensure continuity among all areas
- Staying current on security technologies, trends, standards and best practices
- Provide assistance with end-user training on adopted data protection tools
- Continually update relevant security skills
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
- Knowledge of basic information security standards, principles and practices
- The ability to assess risk and translate it to business relevant considerations and facts
- The ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly
- Advanced technical acumen
- Proven analytical and problem-solving ability
- Superior communication, ability to explain complex concepts in plain language and graphics
- Excellent organization, and interpersonal skills with the ability to appropriately communicate and translate complex security risks to dollars
- Ability to balance and prioritize work
- Must be trustworthy in keeping sensitive data confidential
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in computer science or related filed, or equivalent work experience
- 2 years of information technology experience
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.