Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 05/04/2018
Job ID: JN -052018-6116
Evo is seeking a Copywriter-Editor for our Beaverton Client. As a Copywriter-Editor for Global Digital Commerce, you'll bring products to life by writing and editing long-form product descriptions for the client's global e-commerce site. You'll collaborate with other copywriters, content managers and merchandisers across the company to ensure that copy aligns with the brand voice, creative directives and .com copy style guide. This contract opportunity is scheduled to be 6-months, with an extension based on fit, need and budget.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Write original product descriptions for .com
- Edit product descriptions written by internal and external copywriters
- Ensure accuracy of product information on .com
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
- Bachelor's degree in Writing, Communications, Journalism or related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a copywriter-editor in a corporate or agency environment
- Experience writing/editing e-commerce or retail copy required
- Experience writing compelling, long-form product descriptions (Samples or link to portfolio required with application)
- Excellent understanding of English grammar and in-depth knowledge of Chicago style (Selected candidates will complete an editing test)
- Expertise in web content presentation, writing and publishing
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and web-based content management systems
- Demonstrates strong and effective organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects on various levels with different and converging timelines
- Ability to work in a constantly changing environment and make judgment calls as necessary, but knowing when to consult the Copy Manager or other project sponsors
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Passion for sport
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.