Portland Metro Area,
Job Number: JN -102018-6654
Evo is seeking a Communications Manager for our Beaverton Client. As the Communications Manager, this role will support communications for programs within the Center of Excellence (COE) as well as providing communications support for the COE team. They are looking for a communications expert who can quickly integrate into the team and support innovative, compelling, succinct and consistent messages across a handful of projects, and a number of channels, to inform and educate a broad client and factory partner audience. This contract opportunity is scheduled through 2/28/19, with an extension based on fit, need and budget.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Create and execute targeted, measurable communications stories and messaging, aligned to the communications and project strategy, to inform, educate and drive change and adoption
- Deliver high-impact, relevant, and measurable communications, using a variety of channels, on tight timelines
- Create, edit and polish communications materials specifically PowerPoint presentations for a broad audience across the client and factory partners, including executives, project stakeholders and downstream
- Understand language needs to communicate messages in the best way for specific audiences (executives, end-users, ESL, etc.)
- Simplify complexity and develop compelling messaging
- Integrate brand guidelines into all deliverables and help others on the project team do the same
- Build credible relationships with team members and business stakeholders
- Manage communication schedule against stakeholder and project calendars
- Autonomously manage workload and responsibilities, as part of a small Portfolio and Transition Management team
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related discipline
- 4+ years corporate communications experience
- Strong writer and editor, with ability to give clear and constructive feedback
- Ability to communicate complex concepts simply and clearly
- Must be proactive within team, self-directed, willingly offer solutions and share ideas and graciously accept constructive feedback
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional and cross-cultural teams
- Ability to organize assignments and work independently
- Understanding of training, change management, manufacturing financial processes, or technology implementation a plus
- Experience working within a matrix organization a plus
- Understanding of graphic design principles, including web/HTML a plus
- Ability to use standard Adobe tools/programs to create presentations, print and web-based collateral; PowerPoint expertise is a must
- Attention to detail is critical
- Must be able to take action in solving issues while exhibiting mature judgment
- Strong team player
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
- PowerPoint experience a must (expert-level)
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- SharePoint / Box
- WordPress; knowledge of HTML/CSS a plus
- Campaign Monitor a plus
- Adobe Acrobat Pro a plus
- Adobe Creative Suite a plus
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.