Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 03/30/2018
Job ID: JN -032018-5972
Industry: Cloud Engineer
Evo is seeking an Operational Intelligence Cloud Monitoring Engineer for our Beaverton Client. As an Operational Intelligence Cloud Monitoring Engineer, you will work with a variety of talented teammates and serve as a driving force for performance & operational excellence, providing intelligent proactive monitoring solutions to ensure end-to-end insight to mission critical applications for all teams. This contract opportunity is scheduled to be 1-year.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Serve in the role of technical subject matter expert, refining requirements for monitoring and event management tools and participate in the development of an integrated monitoring/event management tooling strategy and architecture
- Collaborate with teams in development, quality, and operations to define & implement scalable solutions that satisfy near- and long-term monitoring needs
- Improve the standards of the consumer experience by providing visibility into a system's performance
- Share your monitoring expertise to enable & support groups that require performance and troubleshooting guidance
- Participate in design, documentation & implementation of monitoring and data streaming solutions
- Plan, engineer, and implement robust and cost-effective computing environments
- Participate in process development with customers and service providers
- Influence & enable release & quality teams to enhance deployment pipelines
- Interact with peers & customers to promote best practices and influence architecture to be cloud-native
- Effectively communicate tool capabilities and processes to varying stakeholders
- Be an advocate & example for DevOps & SRE culture & practice
- Keep up to date with industry trends and best practices
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, Business Administration, or a related field; or, an equivalent combination of education and related work experience
- 5+ years of experience with implementation, operations, & maintenance of cloud-based IT systems and/or administration of software functions in multi-platform and multi-system environments
- Deep understanding of the Linux Operating System, including Kernel, Memory, Process, Threads, Static / Shared Libraries, IPC, Signals
- Experience with logging and security best-practice, system documentation, and designs
- Passionate and sensible about monitoring
- Orchestration tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, Salt, Puppet, Cfengine, etc.
- Excellent diagnostic and root cause analysis abilities
- Command over scripting languages such as Shell (Bash), PHP, Python, Perl, etc.
- Understanding of standard networking protocols and components such as: HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP, ICMP, the OSI Model, Subnetting and Load Balancing
- Experience implementing, delivering, & managing monitoring solutions in development, QA, and Production environments
- Well-versed in multi-tier web application architecture
- Experienced with cloud-native middleware technologies for messaging, caching, services etc.
- Proven experience using industry standard tools such as New Relic, SignalFX, AppDynamics, CloudWatch, Datadog, Dynatrace, ServiceWatch, Splunk, etc.
- Agile and learning mindset with strong team building & teamwork skills
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
- Solid foundation in computer and operating systems, understanding performance metrics, statistical calculations, systems troubleshooting, runbook automation
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with management and all teams involved in the operational or development process
- Prior experience in system administration functions (server, network, database, storage etc.)
- Work experience & understanding of challenges in containerized environments, e.g. kubernetes cluster monitoring & CI/CD integration challenges
- Experience working with high traffic websites, updating, monitoring, and maintenance strategies
- Utilizing Microservices, SOA patterns and REST
- RDBMS and NoSQL database development and administration (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB)
- Developing in a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) application environment
- Prior experience managing SaaS vendors
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.