Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 03/21/2018
Job ID: JN -032018-5920
Evo is seeking a Senior Big Data Engineer for our Beaverton Client. As a Sr. Big Data Engineer, you will work with a variety of talented teammates and be a driving force for building solutions for digital. You will be working on projects related to consumer behavior, commerce, and consumer touchpoints. This contract opportunity is scheduled to be 1-year.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Design and implement distributed data processing pipelines using Spark, Hive, Python, and other tools and languages prevalent in the Hadoop ecosystem
- Ability to design and implement end to end solution
- Experience publishing RESTful API's to enable real-time data consumption using OpenAPI specifications
- Experience with open source NOSQL technologies such as HBase, DynamoDB, Cassandra
- Familiar with Distributed Stream Processing frameworks for Fast & Big Data like ApacheSpark, Flink, Kafka stream
- Build utilities, user defined functions, and frameworks to better enable data flow patterns
- Work with architecture/engineering leads and other teams to ensure quality solutions are implements, and engineering best practices are defined and adhered to
- Experience in Business Rule management systems like Drools
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
- MS/BS degree in a computer science or related discipline
- 6+ years' experience in large-scale software development
- 3+ year experience in Big Data technologies
- Strong programming skills in Java/Scala, Python, Shell scripting, and SQL
- Strong development skills around Spark, MapReduce, and Hive
- Strong skills around developing RESTful API's
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.