Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 03/14/2018
Job ID: JN -032018-5885
Industry: Applications - BI/DW/ETL
Evo is seeking a Big Data Engineer for our Beaverton Client. This contract opportunity is scheduled to be 1-year.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- MS/BS in Computer Science, or related technical discipline
- Strong programming experience, Scala preferred
- Experience working with Big Data streaming services such as Kinesis, Kafka, etc.
- Experience working with Big Data streaming frameworks such as Nifi, Spark-Streaming, Flink, etc.
- Experience working with NoSQL data stores such as HBase, DynamoDB, etc.
- Experience building domain-driven Microservices
- Experience provisioning RESTful API's to enable real-time data consumption
- Experience with performance and scalability tuning
- Desire to work collaboratively with your teammates to come up with the best solution to a problem
- Demonstrated experience and ability to deliver results on multiple projects in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Excellent problem-solving and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong desire to learn and share knowledge with others
Not a fit for you, but know someone that might be? Refer them! We have a great referral program where you can earn up to $375 per referral. Find out more at www.evosolutions.com/refer.
- Experience in Python or Java
- Experience working with Hadoop and Big Data processing frameworks such as Spark, Hive, etc.
- Experience with SQL and SQL Analytical functions
- Experience working in a public cloud environment, particularly AWS
- Familiarity with practices like Continuous Development, Continuous Integration and Automated Testing
- Familiarity with build tools such as Cloud Formation and automation tools such as Jenkins
- Agile/Scrum Application Development experience
- An interest in artificial intelligence and machine learning
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.