Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 03/20/2018
Job ID: JN -022018-5703
Industry: Benefit Account Manager
Evo is seeking a full-time Benefits Account Manager for our Southeast Portland Client. The account manager is responsible for assisting clients with service needs, making changes to existing accounts, and upholding the quality and service standards developed by the agency. The Account Manager will act as a liaison between the client and insurance company, recognizing the client's exposures and needs as directed by the group benefits advisor/producer. You will assist the producer in handling, processing, and marketing of new and renewal group business. This position also includes the daily responsibility of managing the workload via the Epic software system. This position requires the ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume workload environment.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Build and maintain relationships with clients, and carriers
- Conduct face to face meetings with the clients, and carriers as necessary
- This would include conducting open enrollment meetings which may include travel.
- Re-market renewals, contact clients, create renewal proposals, prepare spreadsheets and plan options, and handle other renewal activities in coordination with the producer
- Assist clients with service needs making changes in existing or new accounts, answering coverage questions and providing documentation of the changes to them
- Resolve claims, billing administration, and other issues on a timely basis
- Document accordingly through the agency system
- Work with other account managers as needed for customer support, sales presentation, and enrollment meetings
- Review sold group enrollment materials; send off to carries and suspense for follow-up, policy numbers, etc.
- Renew policies by agency standards
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
- Minimum of 5 years benefits experience
- Must hold and maintain Life and Health license and comply with continuing education requirements
- Knowledge of rating procedures, coverage, and industry operations to manage and maintain accounts
- Ability to organize, prioritize and self-manage work load
- Computer literate with experience using Word and Excel
- Ability to work in a team environment, with a positive attitude, and willingness to help other
- Adaptable to new and changing circumstances, self-motivated, and have a professional presence and demeanor
- Able to work under pressure and time constraints
- Must be able to perform fast-paced, multi-tasked, high disruption environment
- Strong presentation skills
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.