Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 04/20/2018
Job ID: JN -042018-6054
Industry: SW Developer - Back End
Evo is seeking a Backend Software Engineer for our Beaverton Client. This contract opportunity is scheduled to be 1-year.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Successfully operate within our engineering environment and help evolve it over time
- Review your peers technical designs, code, and tests
- Work in a collaborative environment that rewards experiments, initiative, curiosity, and mentoring
- Leverage your database knowledge to ensure data storage is designed for security, reliability, availability, maintainability, and performance
- Practice DevOps ensuring a culture of testing and releasing software on AWS continuously using automation and monitoring
- Partner with other engineering and product teams to ensure the service ecosystem is loosely coupled and scalable
- Work with teams dedicated to mobile development, physiological science, and user experience
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
- Creating RESTful APIs
- Working with a variety of database paradigms
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) hosting and managed services
- Scalable, reliable, and eventually consistent distributed systems
- Relevant professional experience or a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other relevant field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Good working knowledge of basic computer science data structures and algorithms
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.