Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 03/19/2018
Job ID: JN -032018-5910
Industry: SW Developer - Java
Evo is seeking a Backend Services Java Application Engineer for our Beaverton Client. You will design and develop backend solutions with a focus on email capabilities and data analytics. As a member of the innovative group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to be part of a new project and shape the way users get their support needs fulfilled. This contract opportunity is scheduled to be 6-months, with an extension based on fit, need and budget.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Work collaboratively with our team of engineers, partner with other teams such as Quality and Operations
- Deployment, support and monitoring of new platforms and application stacks
- Participate in new technology evaluation, design and development of highly scalable distributed databases
- Explore and evaluate new technologies and solutions to push our capabilities forward, getting ahead of user needs, and working hard to transform, innovate, and continuously improve
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
- 5+ years of experience of developing and maintaining infrastructure in a high volume of customer-facing environment
- Strong core Java and Java EE and object-oriented programming and design skills
- Experience with Java web frameworks such as Spring Boot, Spring MVC
- Experience writing Java libraries and developing REST APIs (i.e. writing code/services meant to be used by others)
- Experience with AWS, ElasticSearch, writing hand-crafted SQL, PL/SQL
- Familiarity with Tomcat, Weblogic, JBoss, Jetty, etc.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Phenomenal Debugging skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively across multiple business and technical teams
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results on time with high quality
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies
- Passion for delivering the best quality product regardless of project scope
- Deep knowledge of Java and Spring Boot
- Must be comfortable with rapidly evolving designs, requirements, and have excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be self-motivated, an amazing problem solver and a fast learner
- Very strong technical skills and demonstrated experience in writing commercial grade apps for high availability systems is a must
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.