Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 02/13/2018
Job ID: JN -022018-5760
Industry: Application Engineer
Evo is seeking an Application Engineer for our Beaverton Client. This contract opportunity is scheduled to be 1-year.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
Not a fit for you, but know someone that might be? Refer them! We have a great referral program where you can earn up to $375 per referral. Find out more at www.evosolutions.com/refer.
- Experience developing applications to run in a large-scale environment.
- Experience in designing and implementing distributed data processing pipelines using Spark, Hive, Sqoop, Python, Airflow (scheduling tool) and other tools and languages prevalent in the Hadoop ecosystem
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience with Java
- Experience designing REST APIs and developing RESTful Web Services
- Experience with performance/scalability tuning, algorithms and computational complexity
- Experience developing Object Oriented, multi-tier applications in a complex architectural landscape
- Experience (at least familiarity) with data warehousing, dimensional modeling and ETL development
- Able to maintain the build and deployment process through use of build integration tools
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Build and incorporate automated unit tests and integration tests
- Proven ability to work cross functional teams to deliver appropriate resolution
- Preferred Skills:
- Experience with AWS components and services, particularly, EMR, S3, and Lambda
- Experience with open source NOSQL technologies such as DynamoDB
- Experience with messaging & complex event processing systems such as Kafka and Storm
- Automated testing, Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.