Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 03/09/2018
Job ID: JN -032018-5868
Industry: Material Designer
Evo is seeking an Apparel Designer for our Beaverton Client. This contract opportunity is scheduled to be 1-year.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- With direction from Design management, uses design skills to create original product designs or refreshes existing products that appropriately reflect the client's design philosophy & standards
- Advances design image, product performance, and inspires targeted consumers
- Proactively follows the execution of all product details including: construction detail, color, form, style, detail, fit performance, graphic application, trim, etc.
- Reviews samples and clearly communicates changes to ensure timely completion of each project
- Works with design leadership and category team members in design, development, and product management to ensure feasibility of designs, meeting price points, merchandising needs and product creation timelines
- Communicates and presents design concepts to various internal and external audiences along with more senior designers
- Produces presentation materials in conjunction with the design and category teams that effectively communicate the concept behind the line for internal and external audiences
- Proactively works with design management and more senior designers to build and advance personal portfolio of design skills, experiences, and product/process knowledge
- Builds awareness of current trends, color, and sports-related products through awareness of current trends, color, and sports-related products through market research to keep abreast of consumer needs
- Provides design support for design team as needed outside of assigned product load
Not a fit for you, but know someone that might be? Refer them! We have a great referral program where you can earn up to $375 per referral. Find out more at www.evosolutions.com/refer.
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum of 1 years directly relevant technically sophisticated experience in product design
- Ability to manage 1 project per season at C or D level
- General ability to apply and perform design skills (drawing/sketching, ideation, color theory, texture, visual presentation)
- Familiarity with trends influencing design in athletic industry
- Knowledge of computer design applications
- Effective written and oral communication skills, including ability to deliver presentations
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff
- Color theory
- Consumer needs
- Design management
- Market research
- Product design
- Product management
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.