Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 02/15/2018
Job ID: JN -022018-5770
Industry: Color Design
Evo is seeking an Apparel Color Designer for our Beaverton Client. This contract opportunity is scheduled to be 6-months, with an extension based on fit, need and budget.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Finalizes product details and proactively follows through on execution of color on each product
- Actively seeks expert input from color design and category organizations to develop appropriate solutions
- Reviews all samples to achieve marketable solution; reviews with design, marketing, and development
- Clearly communicates all changes for final confirmation
- Responsible for color in the final product result
- Maintains color calendar/timelines/deadlines for category
- Develops line art, color design server, GPIN, PDM, merchandising line, cutting samples and working with material consultant to coordinate materials for products
- Collaborates with design, product marketing and development/material consultant to focus color solutions for market success
- Develops appropriate solutions with regard to quality, cost/value, manufacturability, sustainability, merchandising and aesthetic finish
- Creates and executes innovative, retailable color solutions for category or gender-specific line
- Together with Color Design Director, Sr. Color Designer or Color Designer II, creates seasonal category-specific direction of color, materials and graphics that reflect design philosophy, product performance, and appeal to targeted consumers
- Gains knowledge in creating category line each season
- Understands color and design and gains knowledge in market and lifestyle trends that influence and impact category
- Demonstrated knowledge of Macintosh computers using PhotoShop, Free Hand and/or Illustrator
- Knowledge of CAD programs, preferably in Mac environment
- Understanding of color trends, color mixing, color compatibility, and color placement
- Effective verbal, written, and visual communication skills in local market language, including presentations
- Proficient information-seeking skills and drive for results
- Ability to share ideas and develop effective responses or elevate to higher management
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum of 1 year directly relevant work experience
Not a fit for you, but know someone that might be? Refer them! We have a great referral program where you can earn up to $375 per referral. Find out more at www.evosolutions.com/refer.
- AUTO CAD
- Product marketing
- Product planning
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.