Sr. Splunk Administrator (4985)
Portland Metro Area, Oregon | Consulting
- Serve in the role of technical subject matter expert, assisting in upholding search best practices, through user activity audits, and functional alerting
- Responsible for suggesting improvements and additional functionality as feedback for Splunk roadmap
- Collaborate with the engineering team, application developers, management and infrastructure teams to assess near- and long-term needs
- Assist with improving the standards of the consumers experience by providing metric visibility into applications performance
- Provide expertise to support groups that require performance and troubleshooting guidance, including query tuning and upholding best practices
- Participate in design documentation of monitoring related solutions
- Plan, engineer and implement robust and cost-effective computing environments, exploiting emerging technologies to provide compelling solutions
- Participate in process development with customers and service providers
- Effectively communicate tool capabilities and processes to varying stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, Business Administration, or a related field; or, an equivalent combination of education and related work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with implementation, operations, maintenance of IT systems and/or administration of software functions in multi-platform and multi-system environments
- Experience with Administration of Splunk in a production environment
- Deep Understanding of splunk configuration/architecture and able to debug issues
- Assist Design solutions and concepts for data aggregation and visualization
- Understand Splunk data workflow and provide troubleshooting and feedback for improvement
- Debug complex Splunk configuration issues
- Must have strong Splunk UI experience and able to debug complex/expensive search queries
- Experience implementing and delivering monitoring solutions in development, QA, and Production environments
- Understanding and experience with configuration management tools and concepts such as puppet, chef, cloudformation, etc.
- Understanding and focus on security processes, and data handling practices
- Experience with monitoring solutions and methodologies including server and network performance, hardware, web synthetics, and application performance monitoring a plus; including but not limited to New Relic, ScienceLogic, Splunk, ExtraHop, AppDynamics, DynaTrace, KeyNote, Microsoft SCOM, Solarwinds Orion, etc.
- Understanding and basic technology skills to include but not limited to: Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL, logging practices, GIT/SVN, Redhat Linux, Microsoft Windows, iOS mobile devices, Android mobile devices, Amazon Web Services, JSON, Java/JBOSS, Jetty, etc.
- Solid foundation in computer and operating systems, understanding performance metrics, statistical calculations, systems troubleshooting, runbook automation
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with management and all teams involved in the operational or development process
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.