Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 11/17/2017
Job ID: JN -112017-5493
Industry: SW Developer - Hadoop
Evo is seeking a Senior Hadoop Engineer for our Beaverton Client. As a Sr. Hadoop developer, you will work with a variety of talented teammates and be a driving force for building solutions for Digital. You will be working on development projects related to consumer behavior, commerce, and web analytics. This contract opportunity is scheduled through 6/1/18, with an extension based on fit, need and budget.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Design and implement distributed data processing pipelines using Spark, Hive, Sqoop, Python, and other tools and languages prevalent in the Hadoop ecosystem
- Ability to design and implement end to end solution
- Build utilities, user defined functions, and frameworks to better enable data flow patterns
- Research, evaluate and utilize new technologies/tools/frameworks centered around Hadoop and other elements in the Big Data space
- Define and build data acquisitions and consumption strategies
- Build and incorporate automated unit tests, participate in integration testing efforts
- Work with teams to resolving operational & performance issues
- Work with architecture/engineering leads and other teams to ensure quality solutions are implements, and engineering best practices are defined and adhered to
- MS/BS degree in a computer science field or related discipline
- 6+ years' experience in large-scale software development
- 1+ year experience in Hadoop
- Strong Java programming, Python, shell scripting, and SQL
- Strong development skills around Hadoop, Spark, MapReduce, Hive, and Pig
- Strong understanding of Hadoop internals
- Good understanding of file formats including JSON, Parquet, Avro, and others
- Experience with databases like Oracle
- Experience with performance/scalability tuning, algorithms and computational complexity
- Experience (at least familiarity) with data warehousing, dimensional modeling and ETL development
- Ability to understand and ERDs and relational database schemas
- Proven ability to work cross functional teams to deliver appropriate resolution
Not a fit for you, but know someone that might be? Refer them! We have a great referral program where you can earn up to $375 per referral. Find out more at www.evosolutions.com/refer.
- Experience with AWS components and services, particularly, EMR, S3, and Lambda
- Experience with open source NOSQL technologies such as HBase, DynamoDB, Cassandra
- Experience with messaging & complex event processing systems such as Kafka and Storm
- Automated testing, Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery
- Machine learning frameworks
- Statistical analysis with Python, R or similar
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.