Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 12/20/2017
Job ID: JN -122017-5571
Industry: SW Developer - Full-Stack
Evo is seeking a Software Engineer for our Beaverton Client. As a Software Engineer, you will address complex problems at scale which are unique to the client while using your expertise in coding, algorithms, complexity analysis, and large-scale system design in conjunction with full stack application support to identify and develop products and solutions to optimize operational activities and contribute to improving the consumer experience. This contract opportunity is scheduled to be 1-year.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Write client-side code for web-based applications, create fast, easy-to-use, high volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly
- Optimize web applications to maximize speed and scale
- Support diverse clients from high powered desktop computers to small footprint mobile devices
- Consultancy approach to create new designs, architectures, standards, and methods for large-scale distributed systems
- Systematic multitasking problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive
- Ability to influence Software Engineering leadership by motivating improvements to the client s operational excellence
- Conduct on-call duties as needed for urgent matters
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis, automation, software design, and database management
- Experience in one or more of: Java, C, C++, Perl, Python, Go, or scripting experience in Shell and Perl
- Experience with current web technologies leveraged like React, Node, AWS, ELK
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
Not a fit for you, but know someone that might be? Refer them! We have a great referral program where you can earn up to $375 per referral. Find out more at www.evosolutions.com/refer.
- Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Experience with front and backend as well as middle tier development
- Interest and experience with mobile application development, especially with Apple products
- Familiarity with running web services at scale; understanding of Unix systems internals and networking
- Understanding of Unix/Linux systems from kernel to shell and beyond, taking in system libraries, file systems, and client-server protocols along the way
- Understanding of technologies such as virtualization and global infrastructure, load balancing, networking, massive data storage, Hadoop, MapReduce and security
- Networking: knowledge and understanding of network theory, such as different protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, etc), MAC addresses, IP packets, DNS, OSI layers, and load balancing)
- Experience with configuration tools like Puppet, Chef or Ansible highly preferred
- Agile development experience in a rapid release environment using tools like Git, JIRA, Jenkins, etc.
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.