Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 08/22/2017
Job ID: JN -082017-5197
Industry: SW Developer - Java
Evo is seeking a Site Reliability Engineer for our Beaverton Client. This contract opportunity is scheduled to be 1-year.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Responsible for continuously driving best practices and consumer experience improvements
- Will be focused on maximum availability, reliability, security, and performance
- Will be accountable for the intake and triage of services/applications
- Must be able to perform incident analysis, detect infrastructure problems versus code defects, define and report on KPIs and document known error articles
Not a fit for you, but know someone that might be? Refer them! We have a great referral program where you can earn up to $375 per referral. Find out more at www.evosolutions.com/refer.
- Must have a strong knowledge of the datacenter infrastructure and cloud platforms
- Candidate will be working directly with the engineering and architecture teams on issue investigation and root cause analysis
- Must be able to diagnose and present recommended fix to teams quickly and efficiently
- Ideal candidate will have strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must be able to clearly articulate issues, impact and requests for assistance
- Be proactive in addressing critical risks and making suggestions for process improvements
- Will be accountable for team performance with respect to SLA compliance and operational readiness
- Practical experience in managing and leading application reliability practices for consumer facing web and mobile experiences
- Ability to work across teams to continuously analyze system performance in production, troubleshoot consumer reported issues, and proactively identify areas in need of optimization
- Previous experience with developing and driving real time monitoring solutions that provide visibility into site health and key performance indicators
- Working understanding of IT service management (Incident, Problem, Change and Knowledge management
- Ability to work within a technical team of support engineers through day to day operations and critical incidents
- Prior experience with agile methodologies, performance engineering and automation tools
- Highly confident and capable in reporting and communicating high value metrics to leadership
- Deep understanding of the business landscape and how site reliability influences our consumers
- 1-3 years' technical experience working with consumer facing (e-commerce) software applications in the Cloud using AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
- Basic understanding of DNS, Networking, Virtualization, Linux, Windows
- Basic understanding of most of the following: ServiceNow, Jira, Jenkins, Splunk, New Relic, EM7
- Background with ITIL or Lean a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT or a related field; MBA a plus. 2 additional years of experience in lieu of a degree
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.