Salem Metro Area,
Post Date: 08/09/2017
Job ID: JN -082017-5157
Industry: Project Coordinator
Evo is seeking a Service and Design Assistant for our Portland area utility client. This position will be based in Salem and is mostly bird-dogging issues, calling and investigating as to where things are in the process, checking in system on status etc. A lot of internal PM pieces that an administrator can do for them. Mostly making sure the projects are staying on track.
Fieldwork will be around 25%: job staking, hanging door hangers etc.
This is a contract position currently scheduled for 6 months.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Initial review of Maximo job/RFS to verify information, identify what is missing/needed
- Apply for TCP
- Research needs for SDPM (such as easements, previous installs, etc)
- Easements, Parks permits (these ay be done by Prereq coordinator now), and ODOT permits
- Call out for bids with Contract services, Receive and attach to jobs and notify SDPM after Bid has been awarded.
- Initiating locate requests/apply for design locates
- Complete LEA forms and Customer letter in Maximo
- Complete VD, Flicker, FC calculations (optional depending on skill)
- Help SDPM with keeping in communication with PSLD regarding project status
- Sending out scheduled outage information and making door hangers and comments in Maximo
- Cover for SDPM when away (take cust calls, etc)
- Paint locate marks
- Job staking
- Coordinate with Comm companies
- Arranging shutdowns with customers
- Job previews for crew readiness (refresh staking & locate marks)
Preferred job skills:
- Effective organization, time and project coordination skills
- Required to plan and manage multiple assignments/tasks and prioritize workload to meet expectations and timelines
- Proficient level of problem solving and critical thinking skills, (Identify, assess, research, recommend solution(s), and follow through)
- Be effective with little direction: self-directed and self-motivated
- Ability to effectively plan, organize, design, coordinate and manage multiple tasks with changing timelines
- Proficient communication skills; Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with internal and external entities
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a teamwork environment with internal customers
- Good human relations skills and effective oral and written communication skills
- Must be physically able to work in adverse weather conditions for extended periods of time, including but not limited to snow, ice, heat, and extreme wind
- Must possess a valid Oregon driver's license with no restrictions of use
- Need folks that are comfortable working indoors and outdoors
Not a fit for you, but know someone that might be? Refer them! We have a great referral program where you can earn up to $375 per referral. Find out more at www.evosolutions.com/refer.
- Demonstrated ability to use or learn to use Maximo Work Management software
- Associates degree or Line Department experience preferred (0 to 3 years)
- Ability to use project management concepts
- Knowledge of utility or construction industry
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.