Senior Splunk Administrator (5009)
Portland Metro Area, Oregon | Consulting
You will use your broad background of infrastructure and application monitoring experiences to identify issues and backend system challenges across multiple service providers and networks, provide support during releases, prepare reports for management, identify risks & solutions, and make recommendations for improvement.
This contract opportunity is scheduled to be 1-year.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Administering *nix and windows servers
- Version control (especially Git)
- Strong PCRE (regular expression) skills
- Server configuration automation including Chef, Puppet, or Splunk Deployment Server
- Splunk administration through UI including app, report, and dashboard permissions; users and roles; deployment server; and managing alerts, summary searches, and report accelerations
- Splunk development of critical data-related configuration files like props.conf, inputs.conf, transforms.conf, and indexes.conf
- Splunk development of dashboards, reports, and alerts
- Experience utilizing best practices for getting data into Splunk and the Common Information Model
- 3-7 years of experience in infrastructure and application monitoring
- Experience working in fast paced environments in a highly matrixed 24x7 global support model; awareness of international business, cultural norms, and values is a plus
- Experience with scripting languages, especially Python & Ruby
- Splunk Certified Power User/Administrator/Architect
- Background as part of a team that delivers and supports application & infrastructure technologies to leading enterprise technology solutions
- Working knowledge of Agile or other methodologies
- Capable of understanding a variety of infrastructure problems, including those that may not have standard resolution methods. Able to convey expertise during real time event mitigation meetings and conference calls
- Ability to be a forward thinker and recommend proactive measures to limit event frequency
- Familiarity with most of the following: ServiceNow, Splunk, New Relic, Science Logic, Cloud computing, VMs, Windows, Linux and AWS
- Delivering on tactical responsibilities while maintaining awareness of the big picture
- Successful track record of building positive customer relationships; demonstrated skills including diplomacy, negotiation, and critical thinking
- ITIL certification a plus
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.