Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 10/25/2017
Job ID: JN -102017-5397
Industry: Cloud Engineer
Evo is seeking a Senior Software Engineer for our Beaverton Client. As a Senior Software Engineer on the cloud platform, you ll bring the passion and experience of an engineer dedicated to developing a platform that enables the client to ship at scale the services and applications powering its premium consumer experiences. You ll have demonstrated deep technical experience in your past and be able to participate at all levels of the technical architecture and design activities. This contract opportunity is scheduled to be 1-year.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Design and implement new features and fix defects
- Write automated tests to validate code changes
- Operate system in production and test environments
- Debug issues found during testing and troubleshoot issues in production environment
- Be an active participant in team meetings and process improvement
- Use a variety of tools to manage source code, builds, and deployments
- Suggest and implement ways to improve code base
- Participate in code and design reviews
- Collaborate with other engineers and teams to design solutions and resolve issues
- Work with product owners to understand and raise questions about business requirements
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Strong with Java and Python
- Knowledge of Bash scripting and Linux OS
- Experience working in a continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) environment
- Working knowledge of Cloud technologies like AWS EC2, Lambda, IAM, CloudFormation, SQS, SNS, RDS or equivalent OpenStack, Google Cloud or Azure technologies
- Strong verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively
- communicate with both business and technical teams
Not a fit for you, but know someone that might be? Refer them! We have a great referral program where you can earn up to $375 per referral. Find out more at www.evosolutions.com/refer.
- Cloud operations running real workloads in the cloud and diagnosing and fixing
- Cloud architecture loosely coupled systems, fault-tolerance, HA, scalability
- Cloud PaaS like AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Heroku or Cloud Foundry
- Tools like Jenkins, Asgard, New Relic, Splunk, Puppet, Docker
- NoSQL technologies like Cassandra, AWS DynamoDB, MongoDB
- Creating and consuming Restful microservices
- Test driven development
- Netflix OSS stack
- Web frameworks like Grails, Play, Spring MVC, Spring Boot
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.