Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 09/06/2017
Job ID: JN -092017-5236
Industry: Project Manager
Evo is seeking a Senior Project Manager for our Beaverton Client. This contract opportunity is scheduled to be 12 months.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Manages large project teams that range from product managers, IT and QA engineers as well as business stakeholders
- Rigorous scheduling at the task level, with overall accountability at the program level
- Manages budgets including initial estimation, tracking of actuals, and understanding the deviations
- Develops and executes resource plans, communication plans, as well as define and execute risk management plans
- Proactively approaches and communicates status to stakeholders effectively, with an emphasis on maintaining alignment with core project sponsors
- Manages changes against project schedule, scope and cost, as well as lead the assessment of impact on the larger portfolio of projects
- Successfully manages project dependencies and constraints
- Builds partnerships across organizational, departmental, and geographical boundaries
Not a fit for you, but know someone that might be? Refer them! We have a great referral program where you can earn up to $375 per referral. Find out more at www.evosolutions.com/refer.
- Bachelor's degree in Technology, Business, or a related field
- 5+ years of professional experience with at least 2 years in technical project management
- 2 years of additional relevant professional experience in lieu of a degree
- Proven experience developing and managing work back schedules, scope, budgets, resource plans, issues, risks and change requests
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies; Scrum Master or PMP certification is a plus
- Experience working with many cross functional teams
- Experience with business process improvement methods (e.g., Lean) is preferred
- Experience working on global projects or in the retail space is a plus
- Familiarity with SCRUM and SCRUM processes, agile project management including but not limited to facilitating planning sessions, daily standups, and removing escalations for the team
- Understanding or experience with the following: basic networking concepts, enterprise storage solutions, database concepts, and web applications concepts
- Understanding of release management processes
- Strong end to end project management skills, shepherding an entire program from kick off to completion
- Ability to connect project/status to business needs, tracking quantifiable results
- Comfortable speaking with multiple stakeholders at varying levels, ability to synthesize detail project tasks to report up high level accomplishments and risks
- Proactive desire to own and drive projects forward through measurable process, planning and team engagement
- Solutions oriented
- Team leadership and ability to inspire and motivate
- Positive team player who seeks the collective success of the team
- Exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills
- Consultancy approach to your work
- Comfortable working in a very fast-paced, results-oriented environment
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.