Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 11/03/2017
Job ID: JN -112017-5440
Industry: SW Developer - Hadoop
Evo is looking for a Hadoop Engineer for our Beaverton Client. This contract opportunity is scheduled to be 1-year.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Plan and transition to future technology capability for IT infrastructure and services to deliver cost effective and sustained level of application availability
- Defines technical solutions supporting continuity management
- Finds and communicates best practices, thinks outside of the box to design solutions
- Participates in and develops business cases
- Planning and designing for technology recovery
- Identify critical areas for monitoring based on knowledge of application, system, and technical architecture
- Explores and identifies technology solutions to satisfy business requirements
- Develops and executes evaluation process for evaluating technology and supporting services using critical elements from the business and GIT technology plan
- Participates in development of the GIT technology plan based on accepted recommendations
- Specifies requirements of infrastructure maintenance at a technical level
- Sets baseline for acceptable infrastructure performance
- Designs high-level maintenance process and reviews details developed by less-experienced personnel
- Provides technical expertise in the area of strategic planning and direction
- Apply advanced concepts in security management as it relates to area of responsibility
- Evaluate strategy regarding security management and advise or make corrections as indicated based on best practices or industry guidelines
- Prepares for and supports emergency events
- Collaborate with architects to develop next generation security solutions
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum of 8 or 9 years directly relevant work experience
- Shell scripts
- Hadoop hive
Not a fit for you, but know someone that might be? Refer them! We have a great referral program where you can earn up to $375 per referral. Find out more at www.evosolutions.com/refer.
- Business requirements
- Strategic planning
- Technical architecture
- Business cases
- IT infrastructure
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.